Monday, April 28, 2014

Making the Medical Bills Go Away

So we have a few medical bills. And we owe a bit. Like thousands. Thankfully Audrey is now on Medical Assistance (after sending them mounds of paperwork and waiting weeks on end). Our caseworker called us and said she will be retroactively covered from November to the present but since the new health insurance law everyone is trying to get on state insurance and so they are very backed up, so it will take awhile for them to get to all the bills. And I've told all the billing agencies this information. Repeatedly. Somehow that doesn't stop them from sending letters or calling me. They seem to think I can make the money appear out of thin air, or prod the state government to go faster. Most are polite but one lady in particular was pretty rude and very cold saying "these bills are several months old and they need to be paid! And we are going to send this bill to collections!" Well, take it up with MA, lady, cuz we don't have your money. Ironically, the collections companies we've been dealing with have been very kind and understanding! They just want me to call once a week to update them. This has all been very frustrating and time consuming. I wish I could somehow call both the state and the billing agencies at once and have them fight it out with each other. I'm just the middleman, people, I have no power!

No comments:

Post a Comment