Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Night Before

We are all set for Audrey's surgery tomorrow. It's scheduled for 12:30 pm and will last about 4 hours, but we have to be at the hospital by 10:30 am. Everything is packed and ready to go for our one over night stay (hopefully only one). Since she'll have stints for about a month, she had a fun bath tonight and the three of us spent a lot of time together. Ryan is pretty worried about tomorrow but I'm doing okay with it. Since this isn't an optional procedure, unlike say circumcision, I feel at peace with everything. And I'm just desensitized to anything traumatic she has to go through anymore. I still feel bad for her but I'm not anxious and panicked about it like I would have been when she was a little squish. I'm sure the afternoon hours will go by very slowly though, and I'm glad our families will be there to support us.

No comments:

Post a Comment