Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Night Before

We are all set for Audrey's surgery tomorrow. It's scheduled for 12:30 pm and will last about 4 hours, but we have to be at the hospital by 10:30 am. Everything is packed and ready to go for our one over night stay (hopefully only one). Since she'll have stints (tiny tube that allows drainage) for about a month, she had a fun bath tonight and the three of us spent a lot of time together. Ryan is pretty worried about tomorrow but I'm doing okay with it. Since this isn't an optional procedure, unlike say circumcision, I feel at peace with everything. And I'm just desensitized to anything traumatic she has to go through anymore. I still feel bad for her but I'm not anxious and panicked about it like I would have been when she was a little baby or before all this happened. I'm sure the afternoon hours will go by very slowly though, and I'm glad our families will be there to support us.

No comments:

Post a Comment